Yesterday all parts of south India was in the situation of falling in a cyclone. The met department told that the tropical cyclone named Nada would be coming causing huge landfall in Tamil Nadu. However the actual condition has become a little bit different than that of the assumed forecast. Nada has become weak and it has not caused the landfall. Let’s have a current picture on the devastating cyclone.
The happy raining for the parched Tamil Nadu:
Tamil Nadu has been waiting for the northeast monsoon since one month. After the month-long wait finally this region has got the first innings of rain that could make the parched state happy. Last day the cyclone Nada has become weak and changed into healthy raining. According to the experts the cyclone is weakening further and is changed into a depression that could bring happier tiding to the state. It is also expected that the cyclone could make a landfall near Karaikal today. The whole city has become drenched by all day rain and the people have become very happy after a long wait for the winter rain. According to the met report, the city had 90 per cent shortfall of rain this year till yesterday. After the shortfall, 3.5 cm rain was recorded which is good to overcome the deficiency. However it is transient and the state, rather the south Indian part has to have much rainfall to overcome the parched situation.
Initiatives made by the government:
The government has taken initiatives to make the safety measures. The director of the area cyclone warning centre, S Balachandran has confirmed that the depression is becoming weak and going to cross the coast of north Tamil Nadu making moderate rain in the coastal districts. However few parts of the state are going to receive heavy rainfall. The revenue officials have taken emergency measures to save the coastal area under supervision of the minister R B Udayakumar. Let’s check out the latest development in the cyclone story.
The latest story of the cyclone:
- A team of NDRF (National Disaster Response Force) has already reached Karaikal to control the situation. Many temporary relief centers have been made.
- Another team of NDRF has been posted also in Cuddalore, approximately 20 km far from Puducherry.
- The government has told to evacuate the places of Cuddalore because of steady drizzle since last day. An emergency situation has been made in preference to save the people of coastal areas.
- According to the District Collector of Cuddalore, TP Rajesh said all necessary safety measurements have been taken into account to confront with the cyclonic condition. The officials have already identified the vulnerable places where they have to make prompt action.
- The Indian Navy has also plunged in the operation two naval ships named Shakti and Satpura are ready for the situation with experienced divers and other rescue experts.
The schools of the north coastal area of Tamil Nadu would remain closed. According to the source the places are Chennai, Nagapattinam and Cuddalore and in Puducherry which have been identified for it.